Sunday, October 4, 2009

He claims to be a Molecular Biologist

Adam McLeod proudly claims to be a "molecular biologist" in his recent presentations, blogs and web sites.
What exactly does that mean? Does he actually have a job working as a "molecular biologist"?
Adam, through personal communications, says that he indeed earned a B.Sc. (1st Class Honors) from Simon Fraser University.
Is he pursuing a graduate degree in "molecular biology" at any recognized institution of higher learning? I don't know, he didn't tell me. When I graduated from a noted university with a major in zoology, I didn't call myself a "zoologist". When I was accepted into a graduate program in sociology, I didn't call myself a "sociologist". So, what does Adam McLeod really mean when he tells his flock that he's a "molecular biologist"?
Some web sites say that he is studying naturopathy. If so, where is he enrolled?
Has McLeod published ANY scientific studies in "molecular biology"? The only evidence that I could find on the record is that he volunteered for a few months at a laboratory at Simon Fraser University.
Calling oneself a "molecular biologist" is not the same as having graduated from a university with a degree with a major in "molecular biology". If Adam McLeod's followers really believe that he has credentials as a "molecular biologist", then let's see proof that he is either a graduate student in that field or that he is employed in a facility or company that is doing that kind of research.
Lastly, how were his recent presentations in Toronto, and Vancouver covered in the press?
More late breaking news and opinions about Adam McLeod aka The Dreamhealer